Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
The Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG) is a framework aligned to the EYLF which helps educators plan and implement high quality learning and development programs.
Managing the important year before school
The QKLG focuses on children’s learning during the year before they start school. Teachers plan their programs, recognising that children bring with them diverse identities and backgrounds.
It acknowledges that parents/carers are children’s first teachers and values the vital role they play in children’s lives and their ongoing learning.
By following the Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines, our early childhood educators build the social and personal skills which help your child become an engaged learner; an attitude which continues once they start school.
How the QKLG aligns with the EYLF
Don’t be confused by all the terminology. What it means is that every early learning program designed by Queensland educators covers five broad areas of development, reflected in the EYLF.
- Identity – an understanding of themselves and who they are.
- Connectedness – learning how they fit into their families, their social groups and their communities, and what it means to be a member.
- Wellbeing – helping children grow up to be active and healthy
- Active learning – helping children learn in a variety of ways
- Communicating – learning to express themselves confidently and consistently in different groups or circumstances.
We are here for your child
How we help your child’s transition to school
At our centres, the Kindergarten teachers follow the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG). Both Sandgate Kids on Nash Street and Sandgate Kids on Brighton Road employ a qualified Early Childhood Teacher who delivers a quality educational program.
We prepare your child’s transition to primary school through education and experience. We expand learning through literacy and numeracy as well as encouraging creativity, logic and reasoning. We build your child’s confidence and capability during this important year, so they become happily school ready.