Follow your child’s learning
The centre uses a system called Educa as a tool to communicate with families.
This is an online system which families can use to access data about their children. Educa is a simple, safe online tool for teachers to capture and share children’s learning with families.
Educa creates a digital record of your child’s learning journey called an ‘online portfolio’.
With Educa, you can view updates about your child’s learning and progress, make comments, leave feedback and communicate with educators.
How does Educa work?
Described by the creators as “learning story software”, Educa is like an online portfolio which is filled with stories and photos of your child engaging in the day’s activities. We can send out daily updates, so you don’t have to miss out on all the fun.
You get to see them enjoying the learning and you’re able to track their development.
This is a two-way communication platform and we encourage you to share with us any of your child’s experiences when they are away from the centre. We’d love to hear about your family outings or special events so we can incorporate these into your child’s learning program. All you have to do is post your photos or leave comments on your child’s online portfolio.
What can I do with Educa?
- View stories, photos and video updates about your child’s learning
- Share your own photos, stories and videos relating to your child’s learning with your child’s educators
- Invite family members like grandparents, aunties and uncles to view your child’s updates
- Communicate with educators by leaving comments
- Download your child’s portfolio as a keepsake once they move on to school or a different centre.
An annual consent form will need to be signed by family members to access EDUCA
Is there an extra cost to use Educa?
No. Educa is a free app that you can download to your phone so you can be engaged with your child’s learning every day.
If you want to learn more about this online system, head to the Educa website.