At Sandgate Kids Brighton Road, we build our programs with the belief that children learn through play, exploring the world around them and finding their own place in it.
Our program includes the opportunity for a combination of self-initiated and planning experiences.
Our play-based curriculum is developed using the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) which is founded on the same belief – children learn through play.
Our programs are well-structured and flexible enough to manage the developmental levels and interests of each child.
No child goes hungry, here! Every day our children are given delicious and nutritious meals prepared by our own, in-house cook. This means we can continually monitor the food quality and variety and we can easily cater for children with special dietary needs.
Our centre is open from 6.30am to 6pm each weekday.
Our centre is structured to provide age/stage appropriate environments. We have five rooms and an educator to child ratio which lets us provide truly individual care for our children.
6 weeks to 15 months
15 months to 2 years
2.5 years to 4 years
1 Educator: 11
1 Educator: 5
3.5 years to 6 years
Why play is important
We realise how important it is to encourage children to play. It’s not just about fun; it’s about learning. Through play, we can give our children some lifelong skills such as learning to play nicely with others, wait their turn, and negotiate with their peers.
These skills are the foundation of a healthy, happy and productive life.
Research shows that play is an integral part of a child’s growth and development.
- Enhances a child’s dexterity
- Promotes social skills
- Sharpens cognitive and language skills
- Encourages spatial understanding
- Develops cause and effect reasoning
- Clarifies pretend and real
- Enriches sensory and aesthetic appreciation
- Extends attention span, play persistence and self- mastery
- Helps to release emotions
Why choose Sandgate Kids Brighton Road?
- All educators are fully qualified with current First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma certificates
- We have a wonderful outdoor area which provides the children with many opportunities to explore and play.
- We have a vegetable garden where the children grow food for the Centre’s kitchen.
- We are a Sun Smart Centre.
- We are members of Nutrition Australia
- Our centre is fully air-conditioned.